There are times when I have to remember that my son is becoming into his own. It’s kind of bittersweet for me. He is depending on me less and making life decision on his own. But, a part of me still wants to be the “go to person”.
I’m sitting here thinking and it’s hits me. My daughter will be a teenager soon. My ex-wife and I have agreed that when she turns 13 years old. My baby girl will come to live with me. So here’s are some the basic things I will teach her before I send out into this cold world.
1) PRAYER – Pray for change, pray for guidance, pray for strength, pray for love & pray for your family. Because without God..life will be will be miserable.
2) Money – Get your own. NEVER depend on any man to get you the things you really want in life.
3) Never be afraid to say the word “No” – That word will become so important to you in life. Say ‘No” to peer pressure, unwanted advances, things that make you feel uncomfortable and if any man ask you to send pictures via or text or email. Tell him: Hell no.
4) Children – Being a single parent sucks!! Plain and simple. In my perfect world I would want you to have kids when you are married. But, life isn’t perfect and things happen. We will talk more about this in a year or two.
5) Me – No man will never love you more than me. You are my angel. I will always be here for you. I don’t care if you live next door or 2000 miles away. One call and I am there for you. It’s going to fun getting you ready for college and life. There will be times that you are going to hate me. Oh yeah, you will probably hate me for about 2 years. But, it’s cool. We will get through all problems. I can’t wait for you to come home, so we can make our favorite Saturday night dish. Cheeseburger Pie. I love you ~ Dad