My Grandma Snookie made sure each one of her grandchildren knew about the power of prayer. Even when I reached adulthood she would always give me prayer books when I stopped by for a visit. I can always hear her voice telling me that a small prayer can change any situation. Check out the video for some inspiration.
Sometimes our lives have to be completely shaken up, changed, and rearranged, to relocate us to the place we’re meant to be.
You just gotta embrace the change and stop fighting it..
It’s time to take your life back from the people that are causing you pain and making you unhappy.
This is your life and you are the author of your book.
If you are stuck on the same page, remember…you have the power to turn the page and write and new chapter.
She tells me I am blowing her mind..Maybe she should change up her attitude and I will change up the game..
Second guessing yourself mean you lack confidence. Lacking confidence means you have no faith and no faith equals failure. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
I’m so proud of my niece from a sister from a another mister (LOL), after reading this piece she posted on her blog. She’s an awesome blogger just like her Uncle K. The link to her performance of this great poem is below.
“Lullabies Aren’t Heard in War Zones” – B. Chris Renee
Rock-a-bye baby. On the tree top, When the wind blows The cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, The cradle will fall, And down will come baby — Cradle and all.
I pray the lord his soul to keep.
He was a soldier in a war her didn’t even know he was fighting.
I didn’t know he’d enlisted.
We didn’t know he’d be dying
He was born around the time Chicago became “Chiraq”
It was a war, but with a draft such that
His birth certificate enlisted him undoubtedly
He and his friends huddled in trenches whispering sweet nothing for the stigma they were combatting
I equipped my son with books
But they had semi-automatics
And we can say the tears were nothing short of automatic
But then comes the “I’m sorry’s” and the “Everything will be okay’s” because he’s in a better place.
Because the best place is here with me because that’s the baby that I raised
I didn’t ask for him to be a martyr for the cause
A poster child for gun-laws
And who woulda thought my love for him didn’t make him bullet proof!
Could the ammunition really weigh more than the adoration I have for my baby boy
The nine months I carried you–separation anxiety because that was the longest I had been away from you and I just don’t know if I can handle a distance that transpires lifetimes
I was the — hand that rocked the cradle.
Many lullabies to get you to sleep
I pray the lord MY soul to keep
We were all rocking our babies when the cradles fell
No warning as if they were under the devil’s spell
But then those cradles turned to caskets
And they just weren’t meant to hold bodies that small.
I wanted my baby cradle and all
Outside these four walls sound like sonic booms and bops
And I’m just waiting for my alarm clock to wake me so I can rock my baby to sleep
So if the storm would stop overcasting the calm
I just wish my lullabies could be louder than the bombs
and down will come baby cradle and all
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”
2013 is almost over and it’s time to ring in a New Year. The past year I learned so much about life and love. Here’s a recap of what I learned and experience this year:
1) Surround yourself with smart people, people that will make you better. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room
2) Characterize people their actions and you will never be fooled by their words
3) Never be afraid to be yourself.
4) I’m still capable of loving someone without putting any restrictions on my feelings.
5) Never waste time on people who only want you around when it fits their needs.
6) Take time to be thankful for everything you have. Sure you could have more. But, you can also have less.
7) No matter the situation remind yourself “I have a choice.”
8) The best moves in life are made in silence. Don’t talk about just do it.
9) You don’t need a lot of friends to make you happy. A couple of real ones that know your worth.
10) Growth and change is sometime painful. But nothing is more painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.
11) Just because you struggling doesn’t mean you are failing.
12) Maturity comes with experience and not with age. There are so many kids walking around in grown up bodies.
13) Women in relationships send the best naked text pics. (Don’t judge me)
I just wanted to wish everyone safe and Happy New Year. Thanks to all my subscribers and readers that keep my blog going.
Love ya for the support
One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go. Whether it’s guilt, anger, love, loss or betrayl. Change is never easy. We fight to hold on and we fight to let go. We got learn to burn the past. Never look back. I always tell people…You can hold onto the memory without holding onto the pain. To quote “From the Book of Usher” just let it “Burn”.
I try to forget about it every time I see you