Regardless of how “Bad” life gets, you weren’t born to be a quitter. You just got to keep trying…Quitting is not an option. ~ K
“Love yourself first and everything falls into line.” - Lucille Ball
Learning to love yourself starts with making a conscious decision, an intention to become happy and lead a fulfilled life. When you do not love yourself and suffer from low self esteem, it is almost impossible to ever reach the potential that you suspect you have.
When you make a decision to love yourself, you are really saying that you want to come alive. You accept that you are responsible for the outcomes that you experience in your life and would like yourself to shine from living a fulfilling life.
Be Happy…You deserve it. ~ K
“Just give me time and I’ll get over you”
Let’s be honest..Everyone of us has been through a bad break up that has left us somewhat bitter, confused, hurt and feeling like the rug has been pulled from under our feet. I remember the first time when my heart was broken. I was 7 years old at the time and the girl I was dating dumped me for a 6th grader.( It change my life forever.) I felt like my world was coming to an end. I remember my mom telling me that this will be the first of many heartbreaks. I will experience in my lifetime. There are times when we are going to cause the heartbreak of others and then there are times when we are going be on the receiving end of it. I must admit my last two relationships have left me a little gun-shy at all possibilities of finding that one true love. But, the important thing I have to remember is not to hold on the past. It’s easier said than done. But, as a wise man was said, “time will heal all wounds.” I wonder how many times have he been dumped in his life? When we find ourselves at our lowest points from a break-up. Here are somethings we can do make things much easier for getting over it.
1) Don’t waste time hating your ex. – Life to short to be holding a grudge about things you cannot control.
2) Take a much-needed break from dating. – I feel the biggest mistake people make after a break-up is to hop into another relationship right away. Take some time off and find yourself. That way you will not carry baggage into your next relationship.
3) Don’t be friends with your ex. – Being friends with someone you are still in love with will prolong the healing process.
4) Put all memtos out of sight. – My last ex had some many items at my apartment at one point I thouight it was her place. So, I packed up her clothes, jewelry, and her damn neon pink snuggie. I also gave her a week to pick everything up from my place. when she didn’t show up I gave everything away to a woman’s shelter in my neighborhood. Everything except her Chanel Boots. I sold those babies and bought a Xbox 360.
5) Take a moment to love yourself. – Book yourself a spa day or a day trip. Get away from everyone and everything.
Hopefully, these things will make a break-up a little easier for you to deal with. Remember self love is the most important form of love. It’s the source that all love is grown from. If you don’t love yourself…you will be unable to love anyone else.
I think the main reason why people take their exes back is because they are used to that person. Sometimes it’s easier to just continue to stay with someone, because they are comfortable with them. Starting new relationship can be scary for some people. They are scare to step outside of their comfort zone to get know someone new. I hear this a lot from people who get back with their exes. I did that once and it was one of the biggest regrets I ever made. But for some reasons exes always try to come back and try to reconnect after they leave. I learn some thing are better left in the past.
If I had my way to would launch a radio station that would give every artist a chance to showcase their music, especially Melanie Fiona. If you’re unfamiliar with Melanie’s work, I seriously recommend you check out her website: http://melaniefiona.com/ & download her latest CD “The MF Life” from iTunes. Please take some time out to listen to Melanie’s music- which would be far more popular if it was given the financial backing both she and her talent deserve. Check out her latest video “Wrong Side of A Love Song” below. I’m looking forward to seeing Melanie perform in Chicago very soon.
For the past 5 years I have been dateless on Valentine’s Day. I just can’t figure why a handsome, funny, & charming man, like myself is dateless on Valentine’s Day. So, this year I decided that I will have a date this year. So, this year my new boo (Esther Baxter) & I are going to chill at home and watch Phineas & Ferb until we fall asleep on the couch. All I got do now is to get Esther to agree with me.
You can check out all things Esther Baxter just click the links below: