I really wanted to post something original today. But, it’s Friday and I just don’t have time. So here’s a little something to help you through your day. ~ K
Serving others may leave you tired at the end of the day, but with it comes a sense of accomplishment and humility. When we serve others we find a new way to be happy. Serving is a thankless job the majority of the time, but it is also a reward in itself. Think of raising children. You have to serve and sacrifice everyday for your children, but they are also the greatest source of happiness in your life. Here are ways to get more out of life by serving others:
• Practice courtesy and show others respect. It is a bright spot is most people’s day when someone says thank you. Kind words, smiles and lending someone a helping hand go a long way in brightening up the lives of others.
• Spend more time listening and less time talking. Men should keep in mind that women just want to vent sometimes. At a primitive level men are wired to solve problems, but sometimes a woman just wants someone to listen. Women can help their husbands and mates by telling them when they need help and when they just want someone to listen.
• Praise people and mean it. Giving praise is a great way to serve others. It does not cost a penny but the returns are immeasurable. You should always publicly praise people and punish in private. Even if there is disagreement this is still a chance to serve. You can work to repair the relationship.
• Keep all of your promises. One of the best ways to serve others is to do what you say you are going to do. Being dependable and punctual lets people know that they can trust you. Trust makes the world a happier place to be.
• Forgive people. Hard feelings are a drain on your mind and soul. Holding a grudge is a source of so much unhappiness in the world. Forgiving someone is a great way to serve, especially if the person did not even know they hurt you. Forgive even those who do not want your forgiveness, the burden will be lifted from your shoulders and you can find happiness.